This recipe for Nantucket Cranberry Pie is so easy and so good. This is a delicious light sponge, full of juicy cranberries, crunchy pecans and a crisp sugary crust. What’s not to love?! There are many variations of Nantucket cranberry pie online, some using walnuts rather than the pecans I like to use in my recipe. One thing is for certain though MeShell’s Diner nantucket cranberry pie is the best. Best of all it’s great to cook in any campervan or motorhome.
This is cooked in a conventional oven in our motorhome, but could definitely be baked in the Omnia Stove top oven too!
MeShell’s Diner Nantucket Cranberry Pie
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cake or pie pan
- Mixing Bowl
- butter for greasing
- 2 cups heaping cranberries
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped (measure, then chop)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar for sprinkling
- Generously butter a cake pan or pie pan. Add cranberries to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle on chopped pecans, then sprinkle on 2/3 cup sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, melted butter, eggs, almond extract, and salt. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour batter slowly over the top of the cranberry mixture in large "ribbons" in order to evenly cover the surface. Spread gently if necessary.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. 5 minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle surface with 1 tablespoon sugar for a little extra crunch.
- Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream or freshly whipped cream.