Vegetarian Skillet Lasagne
- Skillet Pan (with a lid)
- 5 Fresh Pasta Sheets Cut into strips
- 400 g Tomato Tinned
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 3 tbsp Mascapone Cheese
- 3 Shallots
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts
- 1 tbsp Oregano Dried
- ½ tsp Salt
- Heat your skillet pan over a medium heat and dry roast your pine nuts for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and leave in a bowl for later.
- Add the olive oil to the hot pan and add the chopped shallots. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato, the tomato puree, salt and the dried oregano to the pan and give it a good mix. Let it simmer with the lid off for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mascapone cheese, spinach and the pasta sheet strips. Place the lid on the skillet and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Important – Stir and add a splash of water half way through.
- Remove the lid and stir in the cup of mozzarella cheese and the pine nuts.
- Serve in a bowl with a side of crusty bread.