“MeShell’s Diner Tex-Mex Chilli con Carne” is a hearty and flavorful dish perfect for campervan cooking. This recipe is perfect for those craving a hearty, flavorful dish while on the road. Packed with rich spices, tender meat, and a variety of beans, it’s a one-pot wonder that’s easy to whip up in a campervan kitchen. The blend of Tex-Mex flavors ensures each bite is bursting with taste, making it an ideal meal for chilly evenings or a comforting lunch. Serve this chili with a side of cornbread or over rice, and you’ve got a satisfying meal that brings a touch of home wherever your travels take you.
Be sure to check out: Amerimanx_travels
MeShell’s Diner Tex-Mex Chilli con Carne
- 1 Dutch oven/soup pot
- 1 Stove top/gas ring
- 1 Knife
- 1 Measuring spoons
- 1 Measuring cup
- 1 Stirring spoon
- 1 Ladle
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Salt To taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 1 Yellow Onion Medium in size
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 400 g Tomatoes Crushed
- 400 g Red Kidney beans Drained and rinsed
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch Oven or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef to the pot and brown in batches so as not to overcrowd the pot.
- Once browned, add the onion and bell pepper, stirring and cooking until they are soft.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, cocoa powder, marjoram, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- Add the beef broth and bay leaves, cover, and simmer for about one hour.
- Add the can tomatoes, red kidney/ black beans, Cover and simmer for about 2 more hours or until desired consistency. Make sure to stir often to avoid sticking to bottom of pan.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream, minced jalapeno, and cheddar cheese.