A quick and easy recipe to cook in your campervan and so delicious! You’ll love how the Chorizo sausage leaks all the flavour into the mash
Chorizo and Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 Skillet Pan with lid
- 225 g 1 Chorizo Sausage
- 500 g 2 Sweet Potatos/Yams
- 125 g Asparagus Tips
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Peel the 2 sweet potatoes and cut into small chunks. (sugar cube sized)
- Take the chorizo sausage and stab it with a fork all over
- In a medium heat skillet pan place the sasuage and scatter the potato cubes around it. Drizzle with oil and cook for about 10 minutes making sure the potato browns but not burns.
- Flip the sausage over. It should be chard brown and cripsy on the heated side.
- Turn over all the potato cubes making sure they are browned but not burnt.
- Take a cup of water and pour it over the sausage and potato and then place the lid on the skillet.
- After 5 minutes lift the lid and place the Asparagus tips on top of the mixture. Add a table spoon of butter and cook for a further 5 minutes. The potato should be soft when poked with a fork. The liquid should be evaporated but if not leave the lid off and cook for a further few minutes if necessary.
- Place all the potato in a small sharing bowl (or decant into 2 bowls), season with salt and pepper and use a fork to mash it all up.
- Take the Chorizo sausage and slice it into peices. Place the sausage on top of the potato.
- Serve with an equal split of the asparagus tips.