Spaghetti alla carbonara is another amazing vanlife recipe from @vwt4_furbone_. This italian recipe uses guanciale, similar to pancetta. However, rather than being cut from pork belly guanciale is cut from pork cheek. If you are unable to find this then you can substitute it for bacon, which will still be super tasty. It is quick to cook, making it great for a hungry family in the van.
Spaghetti alla carbonara
- pot for cooking pasta
- pan to cook the bacon
- bowl for mixing the ingredients
- 350 g Spaghetti
- 6 Egg yolks
- black pepper to taste
- 150 g Guanciale similar to bacon
- 50 g Roman pecorino cheese
- Start by putting the water for the pasta on the heat.
- -Cut the guanciale into strips about 1 cm thick, then put it in the pan and brown it, being careful not to burn it otherwise it will leave a bitter taste (about 10 minutes).
- -Throw the pasta into the water, cooking as indicated on the package.
- -Put the eggs (yolk) in a bowl, adding the cheese and a little pepper.
- The compound must be a smooth cream, use a fork or even better a whisk.
- -Set aside the bacon but do not throw away the sauce that has been created.Put the pasta in that pan and sauté it to flavor it, then remove it from the heat.
- -Pour the component of the bowl and stir quickly so as to mix everything.
- -Add the guanciale, mix and…
- Have a good dinner!