When we saw @thedornstroms had made pumpkin donuts in their van, we knew we HAD to have the recipe on our website. As if donuts weren’t good enough, this cinnamon pumpkin recipe just took them to the next level! If you have an oven in your van then this donut recipe is a must try! They used the original recipe from Brooklynfarmgirl.com and adapted it slightly for their van. All the ingredients can be mixed in one bowl so less washing up! This recipe makes 12 donuts
- Donut baking tray
For the donuts
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
For the sugar coating
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F, gas mark 4
- Add all the ingredients for the donuts except the flour into a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour and keep mixing until nice and smooth.
- Fill each section of the silicone donut tray 3/4 of the way.
- Place in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- While waiting, mix the sugar and cinnamon together for the sugar coating.
- Place the donuts in the mixture one at a time and cover with the sugar.