These sweetcorn fritters are a firm favourite of featured vanlifers Delanie & Quincy @mumandsontravels. If you would like to read their feature it is right here! The recipe is from her friends book which can be found here, and she was happy for Delanie to share it with our community.
They are ideal as a starter or snack, and being as they don’t require too many ingredients they are suitable for vanlife cooking. Although not in this recipe Delanie likes to mix it up and add some chilli for a bit of a spicy kick.
Vegan Sweetcorn Fritters
- Large pan
- 15 oz Can of Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 50-60 g Sweetcorn pre-cooked
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 1/4 cup Yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp Wet seasoning or fresh herbs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp tahini sauce for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, plain flour, yeast flakes, wet seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp water and use a fork or masher to combine the ingredients until they are well blended.
- Add the sweetcorn & mix well
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts & form thin patties.
- In a large pan heat the oil until it's shimmering.Then add the sweetcorn fritters & cook until browned and fully cooked through. About 2-4 minutes each side
- Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with tahini sauce or vegan mayonnaise.