This vanlife soup mix is a great vanlife hack! This dried soup mix can be used in many different recipes. Store this in an airtight container and it will keep well for a good few weeks. This soup mix is really useful for solo vanlifers as you can use as much or little of the mixture to make up your recipe, being as it stores so well and can be used in a variety of recipes. Check out more of our recipes here, or our instagram here.
Vanlife soup mix
- Air tight container
- 1 cup non-fat dried milk
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- ¼ cup dried bouillon/equivalent crumbled stock cubes use your preference chicken, beef, vegetable
- 4 tablespoons freeze dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all together and store in a air tight container.
- For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix ⅓ cup dry mix with 1 ¼ cup water. Cook until thick. Then add anything you like to soup, ie, mushrooms, chicken or brocoli and cheddar cheese. Can be used as a base for a variety of recipes.
- Such as elbow macaroni, cheddar cheese and this soup, which make a quick Mac and Cheese