This Peanut Butter Cookie recipe was the star baker winner for biscuit week on Van Bake Off 22! Meshell of @americanx_travels is obviously on a roll, as she was a Van Bake Off winner at the Vanlife Eats Big Picnic this year too!
Peanut butter cookies are a great thing to make in your van, super tasty and easy to make. These cookies will go down perfectly with a cup of tea!
Easy Peanut Butter Biscuits
Soft out of the oven, crispy when cooled. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee for elevenses, or paired with a slice or two of crisp apple for a great afternoon snack. Easy recipe to make with basic ingredients. Recipe can be halved to make a smaller amount.10 Ingredients or less
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Spatula or large spoon
- Baking tray
- 1 cup peanut butter crunchy is best
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl cream softened butter, add peanut butter
- Mix well. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add in egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in as much of the flour as you can with a spoon or spatula. Stir in any remaining flour. Cover and refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle. Place about ¼ cup granulated sugar in a plate.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for about 1 hour or until easy to handle. Place about ¼ cup granulated sugar on a plate.
- Use teaspoon to measure out a ball of dough. Roll in a ball, place on baking tray. Slightly wet a fork, dip prongs into sugar, then make a criss cross pattern on biscuit, mashing dough as you do. Repeat with rest of dough.
- Bake on gas mark 6 for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown
Calories: 6049kcalCarbohydrates: 712gProtein: 104gFat: 328gSaturated Fat: 146gPolyunsaturated Fat: 42gMonounsaturated Fat: 117gTrans Fat: 7gCholesterol: 815mgSodium: 5019mgPotassium: 2268mgFiber: 21gSugar: 442gVitamin A: 6148IUCalcium: 463mgIron: 22mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!