If you’re looking for a delicious recipe to make in your campervan kitchen, that is quick, simple and delicious, then you’re in the right place!
This is a favourite recipe of featured vanlifers @donatellavansace. This is a favourite for them to cook in their van and it’s clear to see why. This chinese inspired dish is packed full of flavour, and is so delicious we bet the plates will be licked clean – save on that washing up. Water is limited in a campervan kitchen 😉
Read their full feature here
Sticky Chinese chicken with Sesame pak choi
- 130 g Basmati rice
- 2 Pak Choi (or as much as desired)
- 2 Spring onions
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1.5 Chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 g Hoisin sauce
- 25 g Honey
- 30 ml Soy sauce
- 1 handful Black sesame seeds
- Add rice to 300ml of cold water (or up to second finger knuckle) into a pot with lid and bring to a boil on a high heat. Once boiling lower the heat and leave to cook until all the water has been absorbed.Once cooked remove from heat and keep covered until serving
- While rice is cooking cut off the base of the pak choi and take apart leaves. Trim the spring onions to desired size. Chop or crush the garlic
- Heat a pan drizzle sesame oil on a high heat. Once pan is hot add the diced chicken and fry until cooked.
- Once cooked place chicken in a bowl and put to the side. Clean the pan roughly in preparation for the sauce.
- Bring a pan to medium heat with the crushed garlic and sesame oil. Once oil is hot add the pak choi and spring onion with a bit of salt. Cover then cook until soft.
- Bring the cleaned pan to medium heat, once hot add hoisin sauce honey and soy sauce keep stirring until thick and sticky. Once sticky remove pan from heat and add the cooked chicken ensuring all chicken is covered in sauce.
- Add black sesame seeds to cooked rice
- Serve the chicken rice and vegetables on plate