Best ever Omnia Pizza Recipe!
Best Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Dry Active Yeast
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Nonna's Pizza Sauce
- Toppings of your choice
- In a small add the warm water, the dried active yeast and the pinch of sugar. Don't stir, just leave it to settle for 5 minutes. You should see the yeast froth and bubble settling in the top of the water.
- In a mixing bowl add the plain flour, olive oil and salt. When the yeast is ready pour it in to the mixture and combine it with a fork until it forms a sticky ball. Add a little flour if the mixture is too wet and kneed it until it is soft and elasticated. Usually takes about 5 minutes. Spray or wipe the sides of the bowl with oil, cover with a damp tea towel and leave somewhere warm for . The front dashboard works well. Leave until it doubles in size, about 1.5 hours is ideal. During this time you should make your sauce.
- When the dough is ready spray the surface of your worktop with oil and give the dough a little beating and roll into a thick sausage shape.
- Lightly spray the Omnia aluminium tin and lay the dough into it joing the ends together forming a ring. Press the dough into the the shape of the tin working the excess dough up the inner and outer edges of the tin. It should be pressed until thin and it evenly covers the base of the tin.
- Take your tomato sauce and with the back of a spoon spread the sauce generosly over the base of the dough. Add a layer of grated mozzarella cheese. Add your favourite pizza toppings. Our pizza in this recipe was feta, red onion and basil. Enjoy the best Omnia pizza!