PUMPKIN RAVIOLI WITH SAGE BUTTER
- 250 g Flour
- 2 Egg yolk
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 60 ml Water
- 1 onion small
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 600 g Pumpkin
- 60 ml Dry white wine
- Lemon juice
- Creme cheese
- 60 g Parmesan
- Butter and sage
Egg pasta dough
- For egg pasta dough, combine flour and 1 tsp salt. Add egg yolk and olive oil, and process until dough comes together. Add water and knead to a smooth dough, dusting with extra flour if a little sticky. Set aside to rest.
For the filling
- Sauté onion in oil and half the butter in a pan over medium heat until onion is tender and starting to caramelise (10-15 minutes). Add garlic, stir until fragrant (1 minute), then remove mixture from pan and set aside. Add remaining butter and pumpkin to pan, and cook uncovered until just tender add water if needed (8-10 minutes).
- Add wine and 100ml water, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated and pumpkin is very tender (5-8 minutes). Add sage and salt n pepper, return onion and garlic to pan, then set aside to cool (30 minutes). Add parmesan, creme cheese, lemon juice, season to taste and stir to combine.
- Roll out the pasta dough into thin sheets. Drop the filling mixture on the dough by teaspoonfuls about one inch apart. Cover the filling with the top sheet of pasta, pressing out the air from around each portion of filling.
- Press firmly around the filling to seal. Cut into individual ravioli with a knife or pizza cutter. Seal the edges.
- Sage brown butter * butter * sage leaves For sage butter, melt butter in a saucepan until brown (1-2 minutes). Add sage, remove from heat and stir gently until crisp (10 seconds). Transfer to a bowl.
- Cook ravioli in batches in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente (2-4 minutes).
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to warm bowls. Drizzle with sage brown butter, scatter with parmesan and serve immediately.