This vegan Omnia roasted squash with mango, lime and chilli dressing is a great stove top meal. This is perfect for meat free Monday, or any other day of the week. With the squash roasted to perfection in the Omnia and cheesy mash, that’s vegan too! The lime and chilli dressing adds a sharp, spicy flavour that cuts through the sweetness of the roasted squash.
A great dinner for the family, full of nutrients and good flavours. You can vary the level of spiciness to adapt to smaller taste buds if required. A great thing with this recipe is that you can add whatever you want, a great way to use up leftovers.
Omnia roasted squash with lime & chilli dressing
For the Butternut Squash
- 1 Butternut squash (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Cavolo Nero
For the mash
- 6-8 Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Vegan butter
- 1 cup Vegan cheese
- Salt & pepper to season
For the dressing
- 1/2 Mango
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash Oil of your choice
- 1 Lime
- 1 Chilli (depending on desired level of spice)
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into 2cm cubes. Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in a pan of water and bring to the boil, leave to cook for 20 minutes or until soft
- Meanwhile coat the cubed butternut squash in a small amount of oil and sprinkle with the cumin and paprika. Season with salt & pepper
- Place the squash into the Omnia oven and roast over a medium heat for around 20 minutes
- While the squash and potatoes are cooking make the dressing. To make this blend the mango, apple cider vinegar, a dash of oil and the juice of the lime. Add as much chilli as you like depending on the spice level required.
- After 10 minutes add the cavolo nero to the butternut squash and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are soft, pour away the water and mash. Add vegan butter and cheese plus seasoning.
- Place the mash on the plate. Place the roasted butternut squash and cavolo nero on the top. Drizzle the dressing and voila!