Caramelized Fennel, Apple & Blue Cheese Frittata
- 5 Eggs
- Milk or cream
- 1/2 Fennel
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Blue Cheese
- 1 Apple
- Salt & Pepper
- To caramelize the fennel. First cut off the green bits and put them to the side.
- You can use the fronds for a garnish. Then slice the very hard bottom off and slice the bulb length ways. Making sure it stays in tack.
- Heat one tspn of butter in pan and add sliced fennel until brown on both sides.
- Add the sugar and 1 tspn of water, shake the pan and leave to go a darkish brown.
- Once it’s reached this point add the rest of butter. Whisk up the eggs with cream, salt and pepper and seasoning.
- Slice apple and arrange over the fennel in the pan then pour over the egg mixture.
- Crumble blue cheese and cook either under grill or in the oven untill the frittata is set.
- Serve with chopped fennel fronds over the top.