This masala veggie curry is a firm favourite in our van kitchen! We serve this veggie curry with our 2 ingredient flatbread, the recipe is right here!
Masala Veggie Curry with Spiced Pumpkin Seeds and Mint Riata
- 1/2 Butternut Squash
- 200 g Chick Peas
- 200 ml Vegetable Stock
- 200 g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Coriander
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 200 g Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Mint Leaves
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- Salt & Pepper
- Add a spalsh of sesame oil to a medium pan and add the chopped onion. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the sliced garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of garam Masala powder.
- Add the diced butternut squash and give everything a good stir to make sure the veg is coated in spice.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the stock and the chickpeas and stir.
- Drop the pan to a low heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small pan over your second hob, add 1 table spoon of sesame oil on a low heat.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and the chili flakes.
- Toast for about 5-7 minutes
- Whilst the curry is simmering and the seeds toasting, in a manual blender add the yoghurt, the mint leaves, squeeze the lemon wedge and season with salt and pepper. Blend it up with around 20 pulls.
- For the last 5 minutes of the curry cooking, throw in a handful of fresh coriander.
- Serve the curry in a bowl, the seeds in a separate bowl along with another bowl for the riata.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of seeds in each serving bowl to add a little heat and some crunch.