Curried Tofu Noodles
- 2 Spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Small broccoli florets
- 1 cup Thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup Soya beans
- 2 Garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp Medium curry powder
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Can of coconut milk
- 2 Wedges of lime
- 100 g Vermicelli rice noodles
- 200 g Firm tofu
- Soy sauce to taste
- Cashew nuts to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick pan over a medium heat. Add the diced tofu cubes into the pan and fry evenly on each side. Once golden brown remove from the heat and set aside on some kitchen paper.
- To the pan add your selection of veggies or use a pre selected stir-fry pack if it's easier for you. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Add another tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan and add the sliced garlic. Lightly fry for 1 minute and then add the curry powder, ground ginger and the tumeric. Stir continuously and cook the spices for 2 minutes and then add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Return the pre cooked veggies back into the pan and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Taste the broth and add soy sauce and lime juice to your taste. Remove from the heat.
- In a second pan soak the vermicelli noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until soft. Drain the water and split the noodles between the two bowls.
- Add the veggies & coconut broth to the two bowls and top with the crispy tofu. Scatter a few cashew nuts on top of you like. You are salivating... Enjoy!