Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- 400 g Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cup Risotto (Arborio) Rice
- 1 Butter
- 5 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Dry white wine or brandy
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown the chicken on each side with butter, salt and mixed herb. Inside should not be fully cooked. Dice the chicken roughly.
- In the same pan, sautè the mushrooms and diced onions in butter for 5min.
- At the same time bring the stock to a boil in a different saucepan.
- Add the rice and the wine to the mushrooms and reduce liquid by half.
- Add simmered stock 1/2 cup at a time and wait until all the juice is almost all soaked up by the rice before the next 1/2 cup. This process should take about 25min.
- Add chicken bits after the second cup of stock
- Taste the rice. It should be still slightly chewy and not overcooked. When ready, turn off stove, put cheese in and 1/3 cup of stock. Add salt and pepper (I like it very peppery).
- Mix well. Garnish with parsley if you have any.