We love brownies, and we decided to add some of our favourite chocolate too to make Mint aero brownies.
We really fancied brownies in the van, without an oven we thought that chocolate goodness may be out of our reach. However, we have seen lots of different things being made in a sandwich toaster recently. So thought we would give brownies a shot. Deciding which chocolate to add was a tricky one and so we decided on mint aero brownies. These can be made with any type of chocolate and we have since made these brownies with mars bars & terry’s chocolate orange. Which one would you try?
Delicious! When cooking in a sandwich toaster, the ones without ridges are best, such as the ridgemonkey. This recipe would need to be doubled if making in a conventional oven.
Mint Aero Brownies
- RidgeMonkey Sandwich Toaster We used the Compact XL
- 1/3 cup Butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 4.5 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pack Mint aero bubbles or 100g of chocolate of your choice
- Measure everything apart from the chocolate into a mixing bowl and then mix together. Add 3/4 of the chocolate and mix in
- Pour the mixture into the sandwich toaster (it needs to be one without ridges). Cook for 10-15 minutes over a low flame turning regularly.
- Take off the heat and open the lid, the mixture may not be fully set. It will continue to cook through when off the heat.
- When cool remove from the toaster. Crush the remaining chocolate and sprinkle over the top of the brownies.
- Cut into 9 pieces and enjoy.