These spinach and ricotta rolls put a twist on a classic italian dish. Instead of using pasta, this dish uses pastry. In this case they are cooked in the Omnia oven, but they could be cooked in a conventional oven or pan instead.
Spinach and Ricotta Rolls Omnia edition
- Omnia Oven
For the pastry
- 150 g flour
- 100 g butter cubed
- 3-4 tbsp water
For the filling
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp parmesan grated
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix the butter and flour until like breadcrumbs. Slowly add in water to bind all together.
- Let it rest
- In the meantime cook the spinach with a drizzle of oil
- Once cooked (mince if you want) add together with ricotta, egg and grated cheese.
- Then roll out the dough, roll out the filling and create a roll, cut it and put it in the stove, cook 15 minutes, turn them after the first 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down and enjoy it