I like to serve this creamy pepper sauce with mushrooms over a freshly roasted piece of beef. However, the sauce itself is vegetarian. You can put it over pretty much anything. In fact it’s so tasty you may want to even eat it on it’s own! You can find my other recipes here.
Creamy pepper sauce with mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cup Whipping/heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then add the mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds before adding the pepper and herbs.
- Gently toast the pepper until fragrant then pour in the cream.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and allow to simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened to your preference.
- I serve this with meat, so roast a piece of meat of your choice, I prefer beef. Serve.