I love mexican food and cooking it. MeShell’s kick a** guacamole is a great edition to any mexican meal. This guacamole is chunky, and perfect for dipping tortilla chips into.
The beloved Tex-Mex starter or side dish originated with the Aztecs. It is hard to pinpoint the exact birth date for guacamole but there are records that it has existed for over half a millennium. During the 1500s, Spaniards were introduced to avocado mixtures that appeared to be extremely similar to guacamole during their explorations of the new world from the Aztecs. The Spaniards thought that the creation would be a huge hit back home, so they brought the concept back to Spain.
The mixture originally included avocados, tomatoes, and chili’s since those ingredients were native to the Americas. Over the years, Spaniards started adding their own ingredients and spin on the recipe, like onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
MeShell’s Kick A** Guacamole
- 4 – 6 ripe Avocados
- 1 -2 limes
- 1 large ripe tomato
- Several spring onions or one small red onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Handful of fresh chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 medium Jalapeño
- Salt and Pepper
- All ingredients are to taste and preference, add to mixing bowl after each step
- Dice several stalks of spring onions (no green bits)
- Cut tomato and scoop out all the seeds, dice into small bits
- Finely mince garlic or use a garlic press
- Remove Coriander leaves from stalks, finely chop
- Cut open jalapeño and remove all the seeds. Test heat on tongue.
- Finely dice pepper, add a bit at a time to taste
- Zest one lime
- Cut Avocados and dice into bowl
- Cut lime and squeeze over mixture
- Stir well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Just remember that flavour develops over time. Less is more and can be added additionally.
- Cover with cling film
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with tortillas chips and a lime slice on the side