Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse
- 150 ml Chickpea water
- 150 g Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice / vinegar
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Water / milk
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Add a splash of water or milk, it is not necessary but I recommend it for the chocolate consistency when mixing with the chickpea foam.
- Meanwhile, drain the chickpea water from the can into a big bowl. I highly recommend adding a tsp of acid (lemon juice) into it as well, it will help the foam stabilize and reduce the whipping time.
- With the electric mixer, mix until the chickpea water becomes a stiff peak. It should take at least 15min and you’ll know it’s ready when the foam doesn’t slide when the bowl is tipped. Don’t stop before that.
- Cool the chocolate a bit, add the cayenne pepper (if using) and stir very gently.
- Pour the chocolate in the foam and incorporate very delicately the foam to the chocolate. The more delicate you are the fluffier the mousse will be.
- Distribute the mixture into containers. I recommend whisky glass size transparent glasses.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight (I used a cooler with ice on top)
- Add nuts on the top for a crunch. Voila!