This Omnia blackberry cake is ideal for using up foraged blackberries. The classic blackberry is an easy fruit to forage, easily recognisable and plentiful. We foraged these on one of our van adventures, and decided to use them in a cake for Van Bake Off. This can be enjoyed with icing on the top, cream or blackberry coulis. We enjoyed some with custard too!
Blackberry Omnia Cake
- 1 cup Butter we used unsalted
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs large
- 1.5 cups Self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1.75 cups Blackberries washed
- In a bowl mix together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
- Gradually add the eggs one at a time
- Add in the flour & baking powder (you can sieve this in if you have one)
- Place the silicone mould into the Omnia and add half the mixture. Spread it equally around the tin.
- Add the blackberries on top of the mixture and then cover with the remaning mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes on a low/medium flame or until cooked through.
- Add whichever topping you would like, we used some vanmade blackberry coulis