Van bake off Chocolate, almond & pistachio biscotti
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup Chopped pistachios & dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup White caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3-4 tbsp Water
- Get the omnia set up with a silicon lining in it.
- Mix the flour, coco powder, baking powder in a bowl.
- In a well in the middle add the sugar then add the oil and water on top
- Mix together with a spoon from the centre, when it starts to turn into a dough get your hands in there.
- As it starts getting solid add the nuts and chocolate and mix it through the dough (this bit is hard as the dough is thick so I ended up adding some of the extras to the dough in the next stage)
- Split the dough into 2 logs. You need to think about the finished look of the biscotti so the log needs to be about 2 inches wide and a uniform shape all along. I found 2 logs this size fit comfortably opposite each other in the omnia.
- Cook for 25 mins (I cooked on highest gas heat for 10 mins then turned down to medium) or until the log is firm to the touch. Then take it out and let it cool.
- When cool carefully slice each log into slices. This bit is super hard, the mixture is crumbly so you need a good knife!
- Pop the pieces cut side down back in the omnia lining and cook for 10 mins on each side (I cooked them at the highest heat this time). The recipe made about 12 biscuits and I could fit 6 at a time in the omnia so it takes a bit of time to do them all! But it is worth it.