Omnia Toffee Apple Upside Down Cake
For the toffee apples
- 7 oz Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 3 Apples
For the cake
- 225 g Salted Butter
- 225 g Golden caster sugar
- 225 g Self- raising flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Begin by making the topping. Peel and slice the apples. In a pan put the water and sugar, begin with a low heat until it begins to bubble and then turn the heat up until it turns amber. Make sure not to stir it, as tempting as it is!
- Put the silicone mold in the Omnia and carefully pour the sauce into it. Very carefully place the sliced apples in the sauce.
- Start with the cake. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Sift the flour with the bicarbonate of soda.
- Add 2 tbsp of the flour to the butter mixture along with 1 of the eggs.
- Repeat this process until the flour and eggs are gone.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the Omnia and smooth with a metal spoon.
- Bake over a medium flame for 50-55 mins.
- Turn out when baked being careful of any hot caramel. Leave to cool.