Us vanlifers love a one pan recipe. It’s handy if you only have one hob, and it also saves on washing up. What’s not to love? This recipe of smoky, spicy one pan chicken is a favourite of @campervancodgers. The great thing about this recipe is that you can adjust the spices to your tastes making it suitable for all. If you would like to make this a vegetarian or vegan option just change the protein option to tofu / jackfruit / halloumi / quorn etc
Smoky, spicy one pan chicken and rice
- Knife, measuring jug , wok or deep flying pan.
- Chopping board
- 4 Chicken breasts Can use Jackfruit as a substitute
- 3 handfuls Basmati rice
- 1 Orange pepper
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 2 Onions
- 500 ml Vegetable stock
- 20 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Chop 2 onions into large chunks
- Chop the peppers into slices
- Cut chicken breasts or jackfruit into chunks
- Add oil to a large wok
- Lightly fry the chicken
- Add onions and fry for a few mins
- Add the spices
- Once spices stirred in add the peppers and fry until the juices start to come out.
- Add two to three palmfuls of basmati rice..
- Once the rice has soaked up the juice add 500ml of vegetable stock and bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Have more water to hand and top up if necessary to have a bit of sauce left once the rice is cooked.
- Add the cherry tomatoes stir in then serve after couple of minutes
- I serve with garlic ciabatta done in the ridgemonkey