Ricotta Gnocchi – Ndunderi di Minori
This is the feast day dish of the quaint unspoiled village of Minori along the Amalfi coast.10 Ingredients or less – One-pan – Stove top meal
- 1 Deep Skillet pan with a lid
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 250 g Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups 00 Flour
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tin Chopped tomato
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Basil Fresh
- Combine the 250g tub of Ricotta cheese, the nutmeg, the eggs and the Parmesan Cheese to form a paste.
- Slowly add the flour until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into a ball and leave the dough to one side. (30 minutes is best but we don't often wait)
- In the skillet pan add the olive oil, tin of tomatoes, the puree, the sugar and with the lid off let simmer on a very low heat.
- Take the ball of dough and on a lightly floured tray cut it into 8 even portions.
- Roll each portion of dough into long cylindrical strips.
- Cut the strips into 2cm pillows.
- Using the back of a fork and placing each pillow cut side down, using your thumb roll the pillows off the fork. This will leave you with a small dumpling with ridges and a curl. This does take practice but any old shape still works with the recipe 🙂
- place the dumplings into the sauce and simmer with the lid on for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with some fresh basil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Calories: 228kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 14gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 286mgPotassium: 128mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 521IUVitamin C: 0.5mgCalcium: 292mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!