Tamalè Pie combines the heartiness of traditional tamales with the ease of a pie. Ideal for vanlife cooking, this recipe layers cornbread with a savoury filling of spiced meat and cheese, baked together until bubbly and golden. Prepare the cornbread from scratch or use ready-made for convenience. The filling, customisable with your choice of meat or vegetarian options, simmers to perfection on a portable stove. Topped with melted cheese, this Tamalè Pie is a comforting, one-dish meal perfect after a day of adventures, easily cooked and enjoyed in the cosy confines of your campervan.
Serve with your choice of my guacamole dip or sour cream, re-fried beans or even a green salad if your feeling healthy. Quick instructions are:Make a batch of your favourite chilli, pour into a baking dish or Omnia, top with grated cheddar cheese and my cornbread recipe. Bake at about 180c until cornbread is brown & done. (When a knife comes out clean after poking)That’s it! Hope you like and enjoy. Please leave a comment if you try this recipe.
MeShell’s Diner Tamalè Pie
- Chilli enough to fill baking dish ½ full
- Grated Cheddar Cheese use your discretion
- Cornbread recipe top chilli and cheese with enough mix to leave room for cornbread to rise and bake
- Jalapeño to top if desired
- Make a batch of your favourite chili, pour into a baking dish or Omnia, top with grated cheddar cheese and my cornbread recipe. Bake at about 180c until cornbread is done…that’s it.