Another classic from MeShell’s diner. This recipe for chicken tortilla casserole is full of flavour, crunch and cheese! What more could you want?! This vanlife recipe does require an oven, although we would love to see some of you try it in your Omnia! This recipe uses many ingredients which may already be in your van pantry. The majority of them such as chicken soup and tortillas have a long shelf life too meaning you can stock up on them before your adventures for this recipe.
This chicken tortilla casserole is a great mexican dish with a twist, meaning the whole family will love it. It is also a great sharing dish for mexican nights with fellow vanlife friends.
You can find more of the recipes we love to make right here.
MeShell’s Diner Chicken Tortillas Casserole
- 9×13 baking dish
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded either roasted or rotisserie
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 bag tortilla chips crushed
- 250 grams shredded cheddar divided
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 baking dish by coating with non-stick spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, black beans, taco seasoning, crushed tortillas and ½ of the cheddar cheese until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with rest of cheddar cheese, fresh tomato, jalapeños and cilantro.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the chips are golden brown and the casserole is bubbly throughout.
- Serve with additional fresh cilantro if desired.