Frittata – Using up your veggies
Fritatta's are a great way to use up any leftover veg.
Choose any toppings as you like, but remember, the softer the toppings, the quicker the meal.
Some topping combos we like:
* Mushroom, Broccoli and Feta.
* Tomato, Mushroom and red onion.
* Cherry Tomatoes, Onion and Basil.
* Multicoloured Peppers and Feta.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Dairy, It doesn't really matter what you use, the point is to use up whats left
- 1 Handful, grated cheese
- 1 Handful of toppings. Whatever you have on hand and needs using up. I like; Mushrooms, Broccoli and Tomato
- 1 Sprinkle of feta
- 1 pinch Garlic powder
Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add your dairy of choice and salt. Whisk with a fork just until the egg yolks and whites are mixed. Add grated cheese.
Warm olive oil in your pan and add your toppings of choice and sprinkle some garlic powder and salt.
When cooked to your liking, add egg mix to the pan and stir with a spatula briefly to combine and distribute the mixture evenly across. If you are adding feta, now is the time to sprinkle it on top
Let cook till it looks puffy and jiggly in the middle. Normally this is cooked in an oven for the last 5 minutes, so instead, you can cover it so the top cooks nicely too. About 5 mins on a medium heat. And DIG IN