Fried Tagliatelle with Chickpeas and Tomatoes in Cajun Oil
- 400 g Chickpeas in Water
- 6 Nests of dried tagliatelle
- 200 g Cherry or Picollo Tomatoes
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Smoked Parika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Lemon
- 1 Handful of fresh Coriander
- 1 cup Water
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the finely chopped garlic along with all the spices. (Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper, Onion Powder and Oregano) Season with Salt and Pepper and continuously stirring cook the spices for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Tagliatelle nests into the pan and give them a good coat in all the oil. Fry away stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan (including the water in the tin) and add the tomatoes, a cup of water and crumble the stock cube into the juices. Stir it all up and cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Using a fork squash each and every tomato in the pan. It should be easy as they will be soft and juicy. Stir in the fresh coriander and squeeze in the lemon juice. By now the tagliatelle should be al dente and ready to serve. Enjoy!