Cheesy Curried Butterbeans on Sourdough Toast
This is an easy and delicious treat for lunch or dinner. The creamy butterbean sauce smothered in cheese is the perfect texture for crispy sourdough toast.30 minute meal
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Red or Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 200 g Butter beans in water
- 100 g Cheese
- 1 tsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 3 tbsp Cream
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Handful of Fresh Coriander
- 1 tsp Sugar
- In a bowl add the sliced red onion, sliced chilli and sugar. Season with salt and drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the top and give it a good stir with a teaspoon. Leave to one side to soften up.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Finely chop the ginger and garlic and add to a pan along with 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin and 1 teaspoon of medium curry powder. It is important to cook out the spices to bring out the flavour yet take extra care not to burn the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the butterbeans and the cheese to the mixture and season generously with salt and pepper. When the cheese starts to melt remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Stir through the cream and chopped coriander.
- If you have a grill, toast a couple of slices of sourdough bread under it or if not use a pan and fry the bread with a little olive oil. Make your toast and place on a plate.
- Pour your butterbean mixture over the toast and top with a generous amount of the pickled onion and chilli. Add extra salt and pepper. Yum!
Calories: 498kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 20gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 327mgPotassium: 689mgFiber: 8gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 860IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 306mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!