Mini Omnia Scones
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- In a suitable bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter.
- Rub the mixture with your fingers until it forms a light crumbly texture.
- Break the egg into a cup, add the small amount of milk and lightly whisk. Add the egg to the flour mixture a little at a time until the mixture becomes soft and sticky. Save a little egg mix for later.
- Gently knead the dough and roll or press out to a 3 cm thick flat on your surface.
- Cut out about 6 small discs. Lightly grease the Omnia muffin mould and place the dough portions into the popped out inserts. With the left over egg wash, brush on top of the scones.
- Place the lid on the Omnia and bake on a low heat for about 20 minutes or until the tops of the scones start to go golden brown.
- When done, place on a wire rack (or Omnia rack) to cool.
- Load up with clotted cream, fruity jam and serve with a cuppa.