A campervan chicken recipe that explodes in your mouth with flavour and ooze a delicious creamy brie sauce!
Chicken Brie Bombs
- 1 Skillet Pan With a lid
- 6 Chicken Thighs Boneless and skinless
- 400 g Tinned Tomatoes Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Bacon Rashers Large
- 100 g Brie Cheese
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Splash Red Wine
- 1 Bunch Basil Leaves Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove Grated or Minced
- 1 Salt
- 1 Pepper
- Cut the Brie into 6 cubes.
- Open up the 6 chicken thighs (slice them to open further if they are too thick) and place the Brie cube into the center. Close up the thigh around the cheese as tightly as you can.
- Wrap a rasher of Bacon tightly around the chicken thigh making sure the wider part of the rasher closes up the underneath of the chicken thigh. Repeat this with all the thighs.
- Pre-heat a skillet pan on a medium / high heat and then place all 6 chicken brie bombs into the pan top side down.
- Whilst the chicken cooks.. empty the tinned tomatoes into a bowl and add the minced garlic, tomato paste and a little salt and pepper.
- Turn the chicken over in the pan. You should have a nice brown and almost burnt top to the chicken.
- Add a splash of red wine (just a little) to the pan. This will deglaze the pan and bring in all the flavour that is stuck to the pan. Let the alcohol cook off for around 5 minutes.
- Next pour over your bowl of tomato sauce, turn down the heat and place a lid on top. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Chop some fresh Basil leaves.
- After 20 minutes remove the lid and add in the chopped Basil leaves. Leave the lid off and cook for another 15 minute. (you may need to turn up the heat so that the tomatoes simmer).
- Serve 2-3 chicken brie bombs each., drenched in the sauce. We like it with rice.