Who doesn’t love Halloumi? Well we LOVE it! This is a quick and easy campervan recipe for hot dogs, an amazing vanlife lunch. The recipe makes 4 hot dogs but we have 2 each 🙂
Halloumi Hot Dogs
- 1 Skillet Pan
- 250 g Halloumi Cheese
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- 4 tbsp Tomato Salsa
- 150 g Guacamole
- Heat your skillet pan to medium/high heat.
- Cut the Halloumi Cheese into 8 thick slices. (I usually cut lengthways).
- Cut the Bell Pepper into chunky slices.
- Cut the 1/2 Red Onion into slices.
- Add the Halloumi and peppers to the hot pan. After 4-5 minutes the Halloumi should be brown on the pan side down. (Keep checking as Halloumi can burn easily). When it looks golden brown turn the cheese and peppers over and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the Halloumi from the pan.
- Add the red onion to the pan and cook the Peppers and Onion for a couple more minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Slice the hot dog buns lengthways and generously blob on the Guacamole.
- Load up the buns with 2 slices of Halloumi each, some peppers and red onion.
- Drizzle on some Tomato Salsa.