Vegan Jackfruit Burger
- Skillet Pan
- 400 g Jackfruit Tinned, drained and rinsed
- 1 Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper Thinly Sliced
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Vegan Worcester Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweetcorn Tinned
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander
- 1 Handful Fresh Parsley
- 4 Burger Buns Large
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pan and add the diced onion and sliced green pepper. Heat for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the jackfruit pieces to the pan and using a wooden spoon pull the strands apart to shred it.
- Stir in the worcester sauce, smoked paprika, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the salsa by combining the sweetcorn, diced avocado, coriander and lime juice.
- Stir in the handful of chopped parsley to the pulled jackfruit mix.
- Slice the burger buns in half (toast if you prefer) and assemble the burger first with pulled jackfruit followed by the salsa.
- Its big, its messy and packed with flavour! Enjoy!