Break away from the standard fake meat vegan burgers and try our crispy onion bhaji burgers. The Piquanté chutney is just so morish!
Bhaji Burgers With Sweet Piquantè Pepper Chutney
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Sweet Potato Small or use half
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Handful Coriander Chopped
- 2 Vegan Buns
Piquanté Pepper Chutney
- 3 Tomatoes Baby plum or Cherry
- 1 tbsp Piquanté Peppers The Jared pickled type
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Long grate or thinly slice the red and yellow onion into a bowl. Use a tea towel or thick kitchen roll to dab dry it as much as possible. You don't want it to be too wet.
- Grate the Sweet Potato into the mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of Gram Flour, 1 tsp of Cumin, chopped Coriander,1 tsp of Turmeric, salt and pepper and with your hands mix it all together and form 2 large patties.
- Heat some oil in a pan (I use avocado oil) and shallow fry the 2 patties on each side for about 5 minutes until golden brown on each side. Whilst frying make the Piquanté Chutney
- Using your manual blender add 3 baby plum or cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of pickled Piquanté peppers and 1 tablespoon of Tomato Ketchup. Give it a rough chop in the blender.
Construct the Burgers
- Build your burgers with your favourite fillings. Ours were as follows: *Seeded Vegan Burger Buns *Bhaji Burgers*Piquanté Chutney*Mixed Salad Leaves*Sliced Gerkins