- Apple Compote
- 4 Big Apples
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Oats
- 3/4 cup Brazil nuts
- 3/4 cup Flaked Almonds
- 1/2 cup Dates
- 10 Dried Apricots
- 2/3 cup Golden Raisins
- Preheat van oven to 160C (320F).
- In a large bowl, beat together the apple compote, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the oats and stir well to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto two baking sheets; bake for 10 min.
- Remove from the oven and stir well, then return to the oven and bake for another 10 min.
- Repeat, but this time add the nuts.
- Return to oven for another 10 min.
- Then stir again and bake for a final 10 min.
- Remove from the oven and mix in the fruit.
- Store in an airtight jar.