This steamed dorada cooked in a pepper and ginger sauce is a great meal for any campervan. The dorada fish is part of the bream family and any white fish can be used. A great simple dish full of flavour!
Make sure to read our article on ventilating your campervan if you want to ensure there are no fishy smells left after cooking!
Recipe from @frencylevan
Steamed Dorada with pepper and ginger sauce
- Deep skillet, steaming tray, skillet.
- Whole Dorada scaled and gutted
- 2 Bell peppers
- Large chunk of Ginger peeled and julienned
- 5-6 Green onions white parts
- 1 large Onion
- 1 small head of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sweet chilli sauce
- Steam the fish in a pot/skillet/wok using a steam basket or a heat resistant plate.
- Use green onions to line the plate under the fish, so it does not stick.
- Sauté chopped Bell peppers/Ginger/Onions/Garlic, add Oyster sauce/Sweet chilli sauce.
- Top the fish with the veggie mix and enjoy.