Oat Pancakes (you haven’t lived until you’ve tried them)
- 1.5 cup Rolled oats
- 2 cup Oat Milk
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 oz Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Put all into a High Powered blender (if it works it will do, though I use a Vitamix or equivalent to really make it into a smooth pancake batter)
- Add frozen berries and/or chocolate (optional but highly recommended) Let sit for 10-15 minutes to let it all come together and to let the chia seeds bloom
- Heat skillet to more or less medium heat (seriously I don’t know the ideal heat for pancakes, it’s a consistent dance between low, medium, & high to keep them consistent- not burnt & not mushy).
- Coat pan with coconut oil (or oil of your choice). Drop a 1/4-1/2 cup of batter. (I usually do a small test pancake for heat & consistency & cook time).
- Let cook until bubbles come through the middle of the pancake! It won’t come off the pan easily until that side is sufficiently cooked. Turn down heat if burning.
- Flip & cook for half the time. Remove from pan & store in covered plate/pan/or in the oven.
- Taste Test is always required as the chef! I’m sure you’re hungry by now. Repeat Steps 4-6 until done! Serve with maple syrup and nut butter
- Repeat Steps 1-9 Every Sunday! (or any day of the week your heart desires.)