We decided a treat was in order on our recent camping trip!! We ended up having Naughty nutella crumpets for an indulgent Sunday morning breakfast in our campervan – and it was sooooooo good!! We shared it on a plate to minimise washing up 😉
Without further ado, let us introduce you to Naughty Nutella crumpets!
- 4 Crumpets
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 knob butter
- 1 tbsp Nutella (heaped – the more the better!)
- 1 sprinkle Icing sugar
- Chop the crumpets into bite size cubes
- Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk in the 1/3 cup of milk. Add in the vanilla extract
- Add the crumpets to the mixture and ensure all pieces are coated.
- Add a knob of butter to a hot pan and add your coated crumpets
- Keep turning the pieces until all sides are browned
- Dish up onto a plate, drizzle with nutella & icing sugar.
- Enjoy the naughtiness!
We made this in our van in the winter so our Nutella was quite firm. We placed it in a small bowl inside a larger bowl of hot water to soften it up. Alternatively you could use chocolate sauce