Hazelnut and Honey Skillet Granola
- 2 cup Gluten free steel cut or rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Toasted hazelnut meal
- 3/4 cup Chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 150 ml Honey
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients; nuts, meal, salt and cinnamon.
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet or a large frypan.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey until combined and then mix in with the dry nut mix until small clumps form.
- Return to medium-low heat, stirring frequently until granola is golden and toasty (about 5-10 minutes). Be careful it doesn’t burn!
- When done, slide onto a plate or a wide shallow bowl to cool. Break it up with a fork if it dries into a huge biscuit.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt, fruit, or plant based milk or eat as a snack on its own. Layer it in a jar with vanilla yogurt and fruit compote to make a healthy dessert or a decadent breakfast that tastes like dessert!