On a recent trip to a campsite in Aylesbury we decided to visit the on-site farm shop. With super fresh ingredients, we decided to make a stove-top meal for two. A campsite in the UK in March isn’t the warmest of trips away so we decided a bit of stodge was in order. Hence the gnocchi lasagna we’re sharing with you now. The best bit is you don’t even need an oven! This gnocchi lasagna was made on our 2 burner hob in our van.
A simple yet super tasty dish for any campervan. A delicious recipe cooked on the hob! We visited the farm shop at the campsite we were visting to ensure we got the freshest ingredients for extra tastiness.30 minute meal – No water – Stove top meal
- 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 500 g Minced beef
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 250 g Gnocchi
- 1 tin Finely chopped tinnned tomatoes
For the Cheese sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheese Use the cheese of your choice, we used mozzarella, cheddar and red leicester.
- Salt & pepper to season
- Parsley to garnish
- Chop the onion, heat some oil in a pan on a medium / high heat and stick the onion in. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Season the beef with salt, then add to the pan with the onions.
- While this is cooking, finely chop the 2 garlic cloves.
- When all the beef is browned (5-10 minutes), add the gnocchi. Cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and put the lid on & leave to cook while you make your cheese sauce. Take the lid off after 10 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce.
For the cheese sauce
- In a seperate pan add the 1 tbsp of butter over a low heat.
- When melted add 1 tbsp flour and stir continuously to make a roux
- Add the milk slowly and keep mixing to ensure no lumps form, continue until the sauce coats the back of the spoon. You can whisk if needed to make it extra smooth.
- Season with salt & pepper before adding the cheese.
- Remember to check your gnocchi mix!
- Add your cheese and keep mixing 💪
- Pour the cheese sauce over the gnocchi mixture and spread evenly.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley
Calories: 1324kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 77gFat: 85gSaturated Fat: 40gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 293mgSodium: 1414mgPotassium: 906mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1082IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 749mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Absolutely delicious. So simple to make with so much flavour. Comfort food and a wholesome dinner all in one. We swapped the beef mince for quorn and it worked perfectly.