It was a cold, dreary and rainy evening in the campervan and we wanted something hearty for dinner. Something filling with a little heat (but not too much) and this recipe was the perfect match! A vanlife must try!
With only the need of one skillet pan and one of our favourite cheat ingredients, Jerk Seasoning this was a really simple recipe to put together.
We’ve got some left over for lunch and I cant wait to eat more!
Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Pineapple and Coconut Rice
- 1 Skillet Pan
- 4 Chicken Thighs Boneless and Skinless
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chunks
- 100 g Spring Onions Scallions
- 2 tbsp Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 400 ml Coconut Milk Light 1 Tin
- 250 g Microwave Rice White Basmati
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Pre heat your skillet pan to a medium / high heat
- Place the 4 chicken thighs in a bowl and coat with 1tbsp of olive oil, 1tbsp soy sauce, 2tbsp of jerk seasoning, 1tsp salt, and 1tsp cayenne pepper. Massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Place the chicken top side down in the hot skillet and leave it for 5 minutes to brown on top.
- Meanwhile cut a bell pepper into chunks, mince 2 garlic cloves and slice the bunch of green onions (scallions).
- Make sure you have a nice brown crust on the chicken and then turn it over.
- Add the bell pepper chunks, the garlic cloves, the packet of white microwave rice and the whole tin of coconut milk. Make sure the top of the chicken isn't covered. so you keep that nice spicy crust. Cook for 5 minutes and then add the cup of pineapple chunks and the sliced green onions.
- Lower the heat so it gently simmers for a further 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with lemon (or lime) before serving.