Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
We always seem to buy bananas, they don’t get eaten and end up looking sad and brown on the side. We wouldn’t want to waste them so using them up in cakes is ideal!
- Omnia Oven
- Cupcake Insert
- 120 g All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 20 g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Ripe bananas
- 75 g Granulated white sugar
- 60 ml Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 g Milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 Small banana
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana and mix in the sugar. Then add the oil until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Do not over-mix, just let the mixture combine.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, again taking care not to over mix.
- Fold in 60g of the chocolate chips and the chopped banana.
- You will need to cook in 2 batches if using the Omnia oven. We did 5 at a time. Use the silicone mould, we used muffin cases also.
- Fill the cases about 3/4 full. Sprinkle some of the chocolate chunks on the top of each muffin (reserving some to put in your mouth while baking 😉 )
- Put the Omnia over a high flame for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Once the first batch is cooked switch the flame off, take the lid off the Omnia and leave for 10 minutes. The muffins will continue to cook during this time.
- For the second batch the oven will still be hot, so you may need to reduce the baking time, still bake for 5 minutes over a high flame initially as this helps your muffin get it’s dome.
Calories: 217kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 3gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 119mgPotassium: 191mgFiber: 2gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 44IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!