Cauliflower Cheese with Bacon
- 1 Cauliflower
- 4 Rashers of Smokey Bacon
- 1 Cup of Cheese (of your choice, we use mature chedder)
- 280 ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Handful of Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- In a hot skillet pan, fry the 4 rashers of bacon. You will want to get these nice and crispy so make sure the pan is hot and keep turning to get them nice and even. When cooked remove from the pan and place on some kitchen paper to soak up the grease.
- Take your cauliflower and cut the stem off and break the cauliflower up into small bite-sized florets. Add them to the pan along with a cup of water. Place the lid on the pan and leave to cook for 15 minutes until the florets are soft.
- Meanwhile.. Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a small pan on low heat. When the butter is melted add the tablespoon of coconut flour and mix to form a paste. Continue to stir the paste for a couple of minutes to cook out the flour. Add one-third of the cream to the paste and stir until combined. Add the second third and stir until combined and finally add the last third of cream to the paste and stir until a smooth mixture forms. Add the cheese, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and give it all a good stir. It should form a sticky sauce.
- By now the cauliflower should be soft and there should be a little moisture still in the pan, keep this in. Add the cheese sauce to the cauliflower and mix it all together. Return the lid to the pan.
- Take your crispy bacon rashers and cut them into small crsipy chunks. Add them to the pan and give it a mix. Stir in some fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!