Vegan Mushroom & Ale Pie - Omnia
This vegan mushroom & ale pie is a team effort from our featured vanlifers @rvhomesoon. No oven? No problem. The Omnia oven means pie is definitely on the menu in this campervan.
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp thyme (fresh/dried)
- 150 g Shiitake mushrooms
- 250 g Chestnut mushrooms
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 15 ml Soy sauce
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Vegan ale
- 400 g Vegan ready rolled pastry
- Olive Oil for frying
- Chop the mushrooms, onion & garlic
- Heat some olive oil in a pan & add the onion. Cook until softened and lightly brown (around 5mins). Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the garlic, brown sugar and thyme. After 30 seconds add a glug of the vegan ale, tomato puree, soy sauce and boiling water. Crumble in the stock cube
- Season well and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the cornflour and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Expertly line the Omnia with the ready rolled pastry - no easy feat
- Spoon the filling into the Omnia, and add the pastry lid.
- Cook over a low/medium flame for 45 minutes or until beautifully golden brown.
Calories: 1070kcalCarbohydrates: 131gProtein: 19gFat: 53gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 24gSodium: 1607mgPotassium: 1196mgFiber: 10gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 251IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!