- 320 g Pasta bucatini
- 120 g Pork cheek or bacon
- 1 Chili pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g Peeled tomatoes
- 50 g Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- If you use fresh tomatoes, first boil them for a few moments in salted boiling water, drain and cool them under running water. After peeling them, remove the seeds and cut them into strips.
- In a pan (preferably iron) heat the oil and add the bacon cut into strips about a couple of centimetres long. When it has started to melt add the chilli. Cook the bacon until it has browned, then add the white wine. Let it evaporate, drain the bacon and keep aside in the heat.
- In the same pan put the crushed peeled tomatoes (or the fresh ones previously prepared), season with salt and cook for the cooking time of the pasta, which in the meantime you will have thrown into a saucepan with boiling salted water.
- When it is almost cooked, add the bacon to the seasoning and remove the chilli pepper. Drain the pasta al dente and transfer it to the pan with the sauce. Off the heat, add the grated pecorino and season with pepper to taste.
- Mix well and serve immediately, completing your amatriciana pasta with more pecorino