Tortilla wraps are everyone’s go to for a Vanlife recipe. Quick easy and incredibly versatile. Here is one of our favourites for when ingredients are low and we are after a quick yet filling bite to eat.
Chipotle Chicken Crunch
- 1 Skillet Pan
- 1 Chicken Breast (skinless)
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Lettuce Leaves Small
- 1 Cup Cheese of your choice
- 1 tbsp Mayo
- 8 Tortilla Chips / Doritos Or any of your favourite crisps 🙂
- 2 Tortilla Wraps
- 2 tbsp Chipotle Sauce
- Low Calorie Spray Oil
- Heat your skillet pan to a medium/high heat.
- Half tenderise your chicken breast by bashing it with a tenderiser or rolling pin. (I just give it a bash with my hand to flatten it a little).
- Add the chicken to the pan and season the chicken with salt and drench in Chipotle Sauce. Cook for 5 minutes each side.
- Whilst the chicken cooks chop your tomato into rough chunks, grate your cheese and trim around the edge of 2 tortilla wraps to make them smaller than the remaining 2.
- When the chicken is cooked, slice it into chunks.
- Lay out the larger wrap and take half of each component and build a pile in the center of the wrap. Chicken, cheese, tomato, lettuce and a good drizzle of mayo. (half of your ingredients) Finish up with a layer of chips/crisps.Do not stack it too high or it wont wrap up very nicely.
- Place the smaller cut down wrap on the top and fold the edges of the lower wrap over the top. Hold it in place whilst you place it fold down into a medium heat pan. Do not lift it up too early or it will unfold! Toast off each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Whilst toasting compile the second one with the remaining ingredients.
- When perfectly toasted place on a plate and cut in half.