This Ligurian stockfish stew is a simple one pot dish, making it ideal for vanlife. Liguria is a region in North-West Italy. Liguria is the birthplace of pesto. Stockfish is usually made from cod, but can be other kinds of white fish also.
In Liguria this stew is called Stoccafisso Accomodato Alla Ligurie. You can find our other recipes here.
Liquria stockfish stew
- Deep Pan
- 600 g Stockfish
- 50 g Black olives
- 50 Green Olives
- 50 g Pine nuts
- 1 Carrot
- 1 stick Celery
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 clove Garlic
- 400 ml Passata
- Begin by chopping the vegetables into cubes.
- Add the celery, carrot, garlic, pine nuts, potatoes and olives into a deep pan
- Remove the bones from the fish and cut the fish into chunks.
- Keep stirring and after around 10 minutes, add the passata.
- Put the lid on and cook over a lot heat for around 30 minutes